Q. Who are you?
A. Sovereign Health is a nationwide treatment provider and industry trailblazer licensed for treatment of behavioral health disorders, including mental illness, eating disorders, substance use disorders, and multiple co-occurring conditions (also called dual diagnosis).
We are a private health care company that is known for employing technologically advanced, evidence-based treatment modalities and effective alternative therapies to help our patients overcome their problems with customized care and transition into lasting recovery.
Q. Where are you located?
A. Sovereign Health has treatment facilities throughout the country. Our adolescent facility is located in El Cajon, California, within the greater Rancho San Diego community.
We also run a therapeutic boarding school for male adolescents in Delta, Utah, called White River Academy.
Our other treatment facilities cater to adult patients. They are located in San Clemente, California, Palm Desert, California, Culver City, California, Chandler, Arizona, Pompano Beach, Florida, Fort Meyers, Florida, and El Paso, Texas.
Q. What kinds of patients does Sovereign Health Rancho San Diego accept?
A. Rancho San Diego is a residential facility treating adolescents aged between 12 and 17. It also features an eating disorder program for girls in the same age range.
Sovereign is sensitive to adolescent transgender patients and provides process groups specifically for transgender patients.
Q. What types of conditions does Sovereign Health Rancho San Diego treat?
A. Sovereign Health provides effective treatment at our Rancho San Diego location for:
- Mental health disorders
- Eating disorders such as bulimia nervosa and anorexia nervosa
- Substance use disorders
- Process addictions such as internet, gaming, gambling, cellphone and social media addiction
Q. What levels of care do your teen patients receive?
A. We offer levels of care to meet the needs of each individual patient. Patients may begin at a higher level of care and gradually step down to less intensive levels as they progress through treatment. The levels include:
- Residential treatment (RTC): Sovereign Health of Rancho San Diego offers adolescent treatment in four cabins offering a summer-camp like feel and fellowship. Individual and Group therapy are most frequent at this level of care.
- Partial hospitalization (PHP): A step down from residential treatment, PHP provides medically inclusive and therapeutic clinical services to patients, who return to their home after treatment.
- Intensive outpatient (IOP): During this more flexible phase of care, patients attend treatment – including 12-step programs – for only part of the week, leaving them time to reintegrate back into ordinary teen life routines.